Meal replacements including shakes, bars, pre-packaged snacks, and other small meals are advocated on the Optavia diet to help induce weight loss and create a calorie deficit. This plan claims to be simple and straightforward by taking the guesswork out of losing weight. The diet severely discourages the use of sweets and high-calorie foods and promotes the consumption of lean proteins and vegetables that are low in starch. Ask healthcare professionals before choose any of the optavia snacks.
Sample Menu for One Week
Products from Optavia are used in the company’s meal replacement plans in place of many meals per day. You may rest assured that no item on the menu will exceed your daily calorie allotment. One vegetable serving is equal to a half cup.
The many variations on this diet are not limited to the ones seen here.
- Start the diet off well by eating three 7-ounce servings of fish, shrimp, or egg whites, two 7-ounce meals of healthy fats, and three 7-ounce servings of low-starch veggies on day one. 1 sugar-free gum, stick of celery, or dill pickle spears; 3 sources of fuel (Optavia bars or shakes)
- On day two, eat three 6-ounce servings of lean meat like pork tenderloin, fish, or chicken breast, along with one serving of healthy fat and three dishes of non-starchy vegetables. Three refuelings
- On the third day, eat two 5-ounce servings of beefsteak, salmon, or dark fowl meat with three 5-ounce servings of low-starch vegetables, along with one pre-packed Optavia meal, one snack, and three fuelings.
- On the fourth day, eat three seven-ounce meals of shrimp, fish, or egg whites, two seven-ounce servings of healthy fat, three seven-ounce servings of nonstarchy vegetables, one snack, and three fuelings.
- Five ounces of beefsteak, salmon, or dark chicken meat and three servings of starch-free veggies at each of two meals on day five; one pre-packed Optavia meal; one snack; three fuelings
- On day 6, eat three 6-ounce servings of pork tenderloin, fish, or chicken breast with one serving of healthy fat and three servings of non-starchy veggies. Three refuelings
- Three 7-ounce servings of fish, shrimp, or egg whites on day seven, two 7-ounce servings of healthy fat, three 7-ounce servings of nonstarchy vegetables, one snack, and three fuelings.
What You Can Actually Eat
Depending on whatever Optavia Diet plan you choose, you’ll consume anywhere from two to five of the company’s pre-made meal substitutions (“fuelings”) daily. In addition, you’ll eat anything from one to three low-calorie meals that you prepare yourself, focusing primarily on low-carb veggies and lean proteins (“lean and green”). See more at online reviews.
Flight Fueling by Optavia
The bulk of your daily caloric intake on the Optavia Diet should come from the pre-packaged fuelings that you’ll be provided with. Each fueling is nutritionally comparable and portion managed, the company claims on its website. 2
Instructions for the Optavia Diet and Other Useful Advice
In the same vein as other meal replacement regimens, the Optavia Diet provides its users with a selection of name-brand products. Currently, the most well-liked diet plan is the 5&1 method, which promises rapid weight loss. Two people following this plan consume five Optavia refuelings and one low-calorie, high-nutrient green meal every day.
Optavia also offers a 4&2&1 plan, which consists of four fuelings and two lean and green meals, and a 3&3 plan, which consists of three fuelings and three lean and green meals (4 fuelings, two lean and green meals, and one snack).
Five to seven ounces of cooked lean protein, three servings of low-starch veggies, and two servings of healthy fats make up a “lean and green” lunch. Since different proteins contain varying degrees of fat, your protein of choice will dictate how much fat you eat.