Intermittent fasting is a schedule to fast and eat regularly. Research has proved that intermittent fasting aids in weight loss, it also can heal your gut from acid reflux and can cure and prevent so many diseases.
So when you are in a fasting phase, drinking a cup of healthy herbal tea won’t break your fasting, adding to it it’ll aid in burning the fat. Herbal tea doesn’t contain the nutrients to pause the gut healing mechanism of Intermittent Fasting. Visit TeaTrivia.com for more info.
How does it work?
Eating three meals a day and snacking throughout the day without any exercise will store so much fat more than your body needs. When you fast for a longer period per day, the sugar that’s stored as fat will start to burn in order to give your body strength and hence aids in weight loss and mental health
Intermittent fasting Plans:
It is very important to get a doctor’s consultation before you start intermittent fasting. Once you’re approved, there are so many plans for beginners that starts from 4 to 8 hours of fasting a day.
There is a 5:2 plan, which involves eating regularly 5 days a week and resting your gut for 2 complete days.
A longer period without food involves 24, 48, and 72 hours of fasting. This is one of the most effective forms of healing but comes with the risk of storing more fat to survive the starvation phase you’re going through.
What can I eat while intermittent fasting?
When you are in the eating phase, you can eat anything you desire. It usually doesn’t involve rejecting certain foods like normal dieting. But the surprising fact about going through IF is that your body simultaneously starts to crave only healthy foods.
Be aware that you don’t binge eat while in the eating phase, this will totally ruin your healing process.
When you are in the fasting phase, you only drink water. If you are so tired and stressed because of hunger, you can have herbal tea to the extent possible. And it won’t break your intermittent fasting, as said before.
Benefits of Intermittent Fasting:
Intermittent fasting does more than just burn fat. When there is a metabolic switch in your body, it will change your physique and brain.
- Heart health. Intermittent fasting maintains blood pressure and leads to a resting heart rate.
- Memory. Studies prove that intermittent fasting will improve verbal memory in humans.
- Heals tissues. Intermittent fasting reduces the damage of tissue.
- Obesity. It sculpts your body by burning so much fat and starts to absorb so much of the nutrients from the food that you eat through the eating phase. Young people who fast for longer periods tend to maintain muscle mass while losing fat so swiftly, which increased their physical performance.
Who cannot fast?
- Those who have an eating disorder
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- People with diabetic issues.
Intermittent fasting literally changes your lifestyle. Plan it and try it. Stay healthy!